Sunday, October 18, 2009

Who am I?


Who am I ? I am a Kurd by birth from South Kurdistan some called North Iraq others Kurdistan. I am a global individual by conscious or choice who doesn't have specific nation, flag or a country to pledge to rather I will see the whole world as my land and would like to be free to live, travel and work in it. I call the people on the planet my fellow human beings whom with some of may have closer relationship and can call friends "Those who I can trust and count on them when time come to call for". I believe of my people "I will not use the word nation due to some of my observations or understandings of a qualification of nationhood" and love my land "all different parts of Kurdistan" To me it really doesn't matter which part of Kurdistan your are from or which geographic location your born and reside in, rather, what's most matter is how much you believe in yourself as a Kurds or individual, and second how much you are willing to sacrifice for the wellbeing of others "Treat people the way You want to be treated." I don't call myself a nationalist, but I will not hesitate to say I am Kurds and proud of being Kurds. I don't like to live in the past, neither now, but would love to always think, plan, and live in a better and peaceful future. I will not let the miserable past events of my childhood strongly affect my present and future, but I work hard to alter these past events and use them in a more positive way. So, I can say that I am neither pessimistic nor optimistic, but more realistic by seeing things in a more pragmatic way "Space and time" or conditions which can affect things in both now and future. The best way to put it is by bringing up one of the best quotes of Gandhi that I love to contemplate and act on it, in which he says "You must be the change you want to see in the World." Mahatma Gandhi If I have a choice to alter that quote, I will just add "Positive" in front of the word "Change" which means "You must be the positive change that you want to see in the world" I belief we are living in a period of history where individual has more power than he or she thinks about it, and we can direct our energy into building a more peaceful, harmonic, and respect world than the way that we inherited from our ancestors.

1 comment:

  1. Halabja is the old tale of unfrgettable of human history .

    Halabja, the everlasting tale which has been recorded in the book of ((human wonders)).

    Halabja is the territory of the Kurd, whom as far back as they can remember has been the victims of the most prejudice and violent actions of the unjust Iraqi regime due to their Islamic beliefs.

    Halabja is located in a vast area that both greenery and beauty as well as faith and resistance have grown and blossomed in it.

    Halabja is the old tale of the knife in the back.

    Halabja is the battleground of a regime, armed with complex warfare technology against the unarmed people of its own country; the battle of mustard gas with the lungs of the infant children; the battle of cyanide with the throbbing hearts of the unarmed men and women; the battle of fighter bombers with mothers who have hidden in their bosoms their beloved children, or men who have turned their bodies into barricades for their wives.

    Halabja the innocent land whose cries of innocence were muffled in its own geographic boundaries and where the resistance of its own people was choked with black chemical clouds.

    ReplyDelete